Literacy Reflection

For our literacy rubric week three and four we have seven tasks to complete (including this one), so far I have only done the information report planner but I’m proud of it because I di two pages including a photo, this was about hexapod robots called Chopsticks and Chopsticks Junior:

Introduction – Chopsticks

Chopsticks is a hexapod robot that has unique playing features, this robot takes 3-4 days to build, is difficult to make but when build this robot is for all ages .

Making it

Chopsticks legs was made out of disposable bamboo sticks with Polymorth for sticking things together. His eyes is infrared tracking for close range which adds to his playful personality, the rest of the parts I am not sure of. If you just type in Chopsticks robot one of the first sites will sy DIY: Chopsticks spider robot or something like that. If you click on that, it will have some videos and then a step by step guide of how to make him.

Chopsticks Junior

Chopsticks Junior basically uses the same parts but has 4 legs and he’s smaller.

Ofcoarse the information report had much more than this but this is just a breif summary of the plan. Anyway, last night I went to work on my maths reflection at home but then somehow it all got deleted, but I re-blogged that anyway.

THE WORKSHOPS I”VE HAD

Reading Workshop
MR.Dando made us read for ten minutes and then choose a descriptive part of the story that you read. I have the book Chess Nuts which is about a chess team which a sporty boy joins and then there’s the bully Flash Buckley who doesn’t want him to play chess. I havn’t read it all yet.

Writing Workshop
In Mr. Mahon’s workshop we looked at the classifaction of an information report. I never knew that classification was the same as the introduction. Knowing that could be useful for the information report next fortnight. I think that the teachers are really doing well building up our knowledge for information reports because they’ve had a workshop and a plan on the rubrik.

Blogging Workshop
I don’t think much people including me have finished the task but the task is/was explaining our favourite color that goes like this:
Nature
Animals
Food
Emotions
What you think of it

So I think I’ve learned alot so far this fortnight but I probarbly need to do more tasks because it’s due Wednesday next week. I could take my learning further by doing extra on the tasks and I think I should work on my rubrik a bit of this weekend to catch up a bit.

I could also take my learning further by maybe if I say do a bad Introdudtion/Classification I could see where I went wrong and write it down. I was also thinking of just doing extra posts on my blog or pages so people don’t just read the work and stories.